Appalachia, Aracoma Drug Company, Charles Bennett, Ford McDonald, history, J.G. Hunter, K & H Drug Store, Logan, Logan Banner, Mingo County, O.D. Griffith, Omar, sheriff, Tennis Hatfield, Valley Drug Store, Victor N. Griffith, West Virginia, Williamson
From the Logan Banner of Logan, West Virginia, comes this item of history relating to Aracoma Drug Company, dated May 20, 1927:
K. & H. Drug Store is Sold to New Co.
A new company composed of local business men has purchased of F. Kerwood the K. & H. drug store fronting the northeast corner of the Court House. An inventory of the stock was completed last night but the store will not be re-opened before June 1. Meanwhile, elaborate improvements will be made in the front and the interior.
The purchaser is the Aracoma Drug Company, newly incorporated, among the organizers being Victor N. Griffith, office deputy under Sheriff T.S. Hatfield, and his cousin, O.D. Griffith, present manager of the Valley Drug Store. The latter will be in charge of the business. He has been here about three years and is widely known in this section.
Mr. Kerwood, who has been engaged in this business for three years, has made no definite plans for the future, he said last night.
The founder of this store was W.O. Poole, now in the drug business in Williamson, and formerly of Omar. From him Ford McDonald acquired it. Then it passed to Charles Bennett by whom it was sold to Mr. Kerwood and J.G. Hunter, hence its name K. and H.